DESIGN SALES ASSOCIATE
Reporting To: Concord Retail Store Manager
Work Location: Concord, NH
Company C is a unique, high-end home furnishings brand that designs and creates exclusive home furnishings for residential and commercial interiors. Our company is known for its colorful design aesthetic. The Design Sales Associate role requires right and left brain thinking—from organizing to creative concepting. This person must be self-motivated at building rapport with clients, while providing colorful design solutions for their home, hospitality, or customer projects. Candidates should have a sophisticated eye for color, design, and luxury home furnishings.
- Assist Retail Store Manager in all facets of the day-to-day operations of the store including meeting sales objectives, merchandising floor plans and displays, inventory management and truck shipments, making sure showroom is organizes and clean, and daily sales tracking.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrates self-confidence without “ego.”
- Create exceptional experiences for all customers that enter our showroom.
- Engage customers in the design services we offer. Create room concepts--select products, coordinate fabrics and design overall projects that meet their needs and design style.
- Be proficient in product knowledge, with ability to explain features and benefits of entire store assortment for consumers, interior designers and hospitality customers.
- Place special orders, including all details related to ordering pieces. Monitor all aspects of design projects and keep customers informed of their order status and any delays.
- Network to create a list of clients for design services, new product introductions, or other showroom related news. Keep and monitor client contacts.
- Have a positive attitude, and team oriented outlook. Ability to solve elevated issues in a timely manner.
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions including sales, returns, and exchanges.
Education and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will have practical interior design experience and/or some interior design education. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in retail sales in home furnishings or a décor environment is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Aptitude for color and design best practices.
- Project management experience a must
- Proficient POS, ERP and other computer skills
- Diligent work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted and move freely around the sales floor.
- Some weekends, evenings and holidays.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.