DESIGN PROJECT CONSULTANT- RETAIL
Reporting To: Concord Store Manager
Work Location: Concord NH Showroom
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Salary plus commission
Company C is a unique high-end home furnishings brand that designs and creates exclusive home furnishings for residential and commercial interiors. Our company is known for its colorful design aesthetic. As the Design Project Manager in our Concord NH showroom, you will create a positive experience in our store, inspiring and assisting customers in their home design projects. Our store is also a showroom for Interior Designers to shop for their customers’ design projects. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is self-motivated at building rapport with clients, while providing colorful design solutions for their homes/customer projects. Candidates should have a sophisticated eye for color, design, and luxury home furnishings.
- Create exceptional experiences for all customers that enter our store. Determine whether customers need design services or are shopping for accessories or gifts.
- Engage customers in design services both in store or in customers’ homes, and thru timely follow-up by phone and email.
- Be proficient in product knowledge, with ability to explain features and benefits of entire store assortment to both consumers and interior designers.
- Create and present customers with design plans--select products, coordinate fabrics and design overall projects that meet their needs and design style.
- Sketch concepts or create accurate floor plans for customers as needed.
- Place special orders, including all details related to ordering pieces. Monitor all aspects of design projects and keep customers informed of their order status and any delays.
- Network to create a list of clients for design services, new product introductions, or upcoming promotions and keep customers apprised of upcoming promotions. Keep and monitor client contacts.
- Have a positive attitude, and team oriented outlook. Ability to solve elevated issues in a timely manner.
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions including sales, returns, and exchanges.
- Assist with seasonal store floor changes.
- Participate in all facets of the day-to-day operations of the store as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will have practical interior design experience and/or some interior design education. A minimum of 2 years experience in retail sales in home furnishings or a décor environment is preferred.
- Salary pay plus commission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for color and design best practices
- Strong clienteling and sales skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Diligent work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted and move freely around the sales floor.
- Weekends, evenings and holidays required.
- Other duties as assigned by business needs
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.