ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER/DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT
Reporting To: Portland Store Manager
Work Location: Portland Retail Store in Portland, Maine
Hours: Full Time
Summary of Role:
Company C’s Portland, ME Home Furnishings store and showroom is seeking a talented Assistant Store Manager/Design Sales Consultant to join its team. Our design consultants create a positive experience in our stores, inspiring and assisting customers with their home design projects. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is self-motivated at building rapport with clients, while providing colorful design solutions for their home, hospitality, or customer projects. Candidates should have a sophisticated eye for color, design, and luxury home furnishings.
- Assist Store Manager in all facets of the day-to-day operations of the store including meeting sales objectives, operations, merchandising, team leadership, inventory management, and daily sales tracking.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrates self-confidence without "ego."
- Create exceptional experiences for all customers that enter our store. Determine whether customers need design services or are shopping for accessories or gifts.
- Engage customers in design services both in store or in customers’ homes, and thru timely follow-up by phone and email.
- Be proficient in product knowledge, with ability to explain features and benefits of entire store assortment for consumers, interior design and hospitality customers.
- Create and present customers with design plans--select products, coordinate fabrics and design overall projects that meet their needs and design style.
- Place special orders, including all details related to ordering pieces. Monitor all aspects of design projects and keep customers informed of their order status and any delays.
- Network to create a list of clients for design services, new product introductions, or upcoming promotions and keep customers apprised of upcoming promotions. Keep and monitor client contacts.
- Have a positive attitude, and team oriented outlook. Ability to solve elevated issues timely.
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions including sales, returns, and exchanges.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree: Ideal candidate will have practical interior design experience and/or some interior design education. A minimum of 2 years experience in retail sales in home furnishings or a décor environment is preferred.
- Base pay rate plus commission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for color and design best practices
- Leadership and strong clienteling/sales skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Diligent work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted and move freely around the sales floor.
- Weekends (rotating) and some holidays required.
- Other duties as assigned by business needs
Please send your resume and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.