a growing designer, manufacturer and wholesaler/retailer of home furnishings,
seeks a NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR. This
position reports to the Co-Founder and CEO. Reporting to this position is the wholesale sales
team. You will also be the guardian of
customer relationships, and responsible for growing the wholesale channel
across North America, developing branded, lifestyle store partnerships. We are seeking a home-based candidate, preferably in the
Eastern/Central US area.
Our mission is "To enhance peoples' surroundings and inspire them to share the joys of Colorful Living!" By embracing our mission, you will embody the values that define Company C:A passion for color and design; the endless pursuit of quality, creativity and innovation; and the commitment to exceeding customers' expectations.
As National Sales Director, you will lead and manage both employed and independent sales representatives.You will advise and train sales reps and partners on best merchandising practices and selling strategies that communicate the COMPANY C brand, and drive profitable results.
Annual salary plus performance bonuses and a generous benefits package.
- Responsible for achieving the Sales budget, and direct expense management.
- Hire, train, evaluate and motivate the sales force to meet goals. Review rep performance reports on a monthly basis. Perform dealer performance reviews as necessary.
- Maintain continuous contact and visibility with top 100 accounts in order to best develop the Company C brand within their stores through superior merchandising, display and inventory stocking programs.
- Direct the selling efforts and manage the sales force at 8 annual trade shows (2 each in High Point, NC; Las Vegas, NV; Atlanta, GA; and Dallas, TX) and travel regularly to stores between shows.
- Be the in-house expert on key trends and developments affecting the home furnishings industry including customers, competition and business opportunities.
- Execute the brand vision of the company as a design-driven, omni-channel home furnishings brand.
- Communicate clearly with other employees and the senior management team including Co-CEOs, Corporate Controller, Marketing Director, Director of Retail and Director of Design.
- Develop written policies, timelines and selling manuals to facilitate the growth of the channel.
- Collaborate closely with the Corporate Controller regarding sales performance and forecasts; manage expenses related to wholesale channel versus budget.
- Make recommendations for marketing campaigns and promotions related to the wholesale channel.
- Sell Company C branded products to catalog accounts.
- BA or BS degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience selling branded consumer products (preferred)
- Exceptional, demonstrated consultative sales skills. Proven success targeting, prospecting, and moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with executives and other decision makers.
- Strong leadership skills. Experienced at managing a sales organization of at least 10 people. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects and priorities. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates self-confidence without ego. Positive attitude, dynamic, and able to motivate individuals and teams through a collaborative approach.
- A management style of "roll up your sleeves" to do whatever it take to deliver the work when needed to always exceed expectations.
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 12 days a month to customers, plus 3 days to our company offices.
All correspondence regarding this role should be submitted by email with your salary requirements to email@example.com.