Key Accounts Manager - Home - Based
Work Location: Home Based
Compensation: Total package will include a base salary, plus commission on sales and a quarterly performance bonus plan.A generous benefits package is also available.
COLORFIELDS is a new brand of decorative area rugs designed and manufactured by Company C, and sold separately at wholesale to mid-priced furniture stores, specialty rug stores, and catalog/internet retailers. Colorfields wins in a competitive marketplace with better quality, design and value, in tufted, hooked and woven constructions.
The Key Accounts Manager will own a $2-3 million sales budget and grow sales to a targeted list of 100 leading regional furniture and rug retailers.This position will also be responsible for growing private label programs with qualified accounts, working with product development, and planning months in advance to meet customer timelines. The position will report to the Co-Founder and CEO. Reporting to this position willbe 6-8 national independent sale representatives. National travel will be required, up to 14 days per month. This position may be based at a home office, preferably near a travel hub, and able to be in the Concord, NH corporate offices on a regular basis.
• Responsible for achieving sales targets.
• Maintain continuous contact and visibility withaccounts in order to develop Colorfieldsas the go-to brand within their stores, through staff training, merchandise displays and superior communications.
• Hire, train, evaluate and motivate the sales force to meet goals. Deliver performance reports and perform performance reviews on a regular basis. Develop performance development plans.
• Plan for and set-up trade shows, schedule appointments and direct thesales force at 4 annual events (2 each in High Point, NC and Atlanta, GA.)
• Communicate clearly with other employees and the senior management team including Co-CEOs, Corporate Controller, Marketing Manager, Director of Retail and Director of Design.
• Collaborate closely with the Corporate Controller regarding sales performance and forecasts. Responsible for directexpenses and budget.
• Sell semi-annual liquidations.
Education and Qualifications:
• BA or BS degree.
• 10 years’ experienceselling branded consumer products, preferably in home furnishings or fashion.
• Strong leadership, communication and selling skills combined with a passion to close sales.
• Experience managing a sales organization of at least 6 people.
• Demonstrates self-confidence without ego. Has a positive attitude and a proven abilityto hire, evaluate, and motivate people to perform.
• A management style of “roll up your sleeves” to do whatever it take to deliver the work when needed to always exceed expectations.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects and priorities.
Please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.