Company C Inc. - Concord, NH
Status: 24 to 32 hours per week - up to 20% travel (tradeshows and retail stores)
Reports to: Controller
Exciting opportunity at Company C!
The Buyer is part of the Company C Inventory Team. She/he will work closely with the Design, Marketing, Inventory Control, Web and Retail teams to execute a seasonal plan for buying home furnishings and accents that complement Company C’s branded products.
Product Planning, Buying and Analytics:
- Develop seasonal assortment plans of home furnishings and accents to coordinate with our branded products, and maximize sales and profits for
our direct division (in stores and online).
- Shop select markets for new non-branded products that meet Company C design style.
- Meet regularly with Design, Marketing, and Retail/Ecommerce channels to plan buying and merchandising of seasonal assortments of furniture and accessories.
- Identify opportunities and recommend new products or concepts for stores and online
- Perform market analyses, competitive shop and analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends.
- Collaborate with Finance & Inventory Management to develop and stay on top of Open to Buy plans.
- Place all orders and reorders for non-branded product.
- Recommend adjustments, including markdowns, to the plan to maximize sales, profits, budget (OTB).
- Establish buy plans with sales targets, quantities, delivery dates, flow and exit strategies for all categories.
- Maintain relationships, resolve issues and conduct final negotiations with suppliers as necessary.
- Collaborate with Visual & Retail to plan displays and signage.
- Support retail stores by transferring inventory as needed, printing furniture tags, planning monthly truck deliveries, etc.
- Work with Marketing to plan and execute effective seasonal communications and promo plans for non-branded products. Monitor successes, and tweak where needed.
- Train selling teams for product knowledge and other details so they are fully knowledgeable when communicating to customers.
- Visit stores and contact managers regularly to gather information on customer feedback and product issues, and learn more about customer inquiries.
- Create Final Spec Sheets, Master Price Lists, minimums guidelines for these non-branded products. Setup up new vendors and SKU’s in ERP system. Generate and place PO’s.
- Prepare all PIFs (Product Information Forms) and training materials for retail and ecommerce teams.
- Communicate regularly with Selling channels and Product Logistics
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Design or Merchandising
- 3-5 years previous home furnishings buying experience recommended
- Outstanding taste level with ability to work both creatively and analytically
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- Technical knowledge of home products including furniture, fabrics and accessories
- Strong communication and presentation skills; positive attitude when serving internal customer needs
- Computer skills: Excel skills required; general ability to understand ERP programs; graphics skills helpful
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.