Assistant Store Manager - Portland, ME
Reporting To: Store Manager
Work Location: Portland, ME
Status: Full Time (Benefited) 32 – 40 hrs Non-Exempt(Hourly) Base + Commission
Are you a Retail leadership professional with a passion for decorating? Do you have a flare for color and enjoy a creative, fun and fast paced team environment? Then we may have the perfect position for you! Company C is seeking an Assistant Manager for our Portland, ME store!
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in all facets of the store with an emphasis on Sales generation. The Assistant Manager must lead by example and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, provide superior product knowledge and work as part of the team to meet individual and store objectives.
The ideal candidate will offer a minimum of 2 years of experience in retail management role in a home furnishings or specialty environment and have a proven track record for achieving sales plans while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Motivate team to driving sales to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Overseeing all facets of the day to day operations of the store including team leadership, maintaining floor displays, light housekeeping and assisting with inventory management.
- Using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrates self confidence without “ego.”
- Authentic and able to connect with Company C customers through lifestyle understanding.
- Understanding of like brands; be well read and well educated.
- Open mindedness; willingness to test new ideas.
- Positive attitude, dynamic and able to motivate and encourage staff.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” style.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor degree preferred. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in retail management in the home furnishing or specialty category.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Diligent work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Weekends, holidays and evenings required.
Local candidates to Portland, ME only please.
Please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about careers at Company C, please feel free to email us.
102 Old Turnpike Road
Concord NH 03301
Click here to see all available positions.